New start : South Korea



After a few simple posts about my hopes to get the possibility to study or work to Korea I finally can pursue my goals

This "first" post is the one who'll explain everything that is initially planned for my life in Korea. Studies plan, cities I'll go, objectives, expectations, etc. The following posts will be random posts about my life there but also my achievements(or not) of my aims. I want this blog to be reflecting what I will be enduring, enjoying and feeling. I want to talk about the differences between my country and the one I'm going, the cultural shock and the level of adaptation. Of course what I expect to talk about is missing lot's of things I still don't know yet. The hardest point in all of that will be to keep this blog updated. This is the biggest problem I have.

So! Let's start with an introduction about me.

My name is Julien and I was born and raised in Toulouse a South West city of France. Actually 22 years old(going to be 23 on the 29th July) I have graduated a visual arts bachelor degree. Since I'm a child I have been practicing taekwondo which is a korean martial art. I also practiced differents martial arts but the most was about taekwondo where I graduated a black belt 1st dan. Martial arts tricking was the last intensive practice I've been doing in sports. You can look for it on youtube, it's really something to watch!

My first interest about Korea and moreover Asia was because of taekwondo. I learned about counting, spelling the differents attacks and defenses stances in korean. After some years I was also interested about the merging internet music culture of Asia. Instead of the fact that the overall "pop" movement was some industrial music I've been more into not so famous bands that I don't remember since it's very old.

My passions are Arts, digital arts to be more accurate. I'm really into 2D arts mixing some types of medias like photography, vectors and more "free" creations like paper drawings, computer generated effects. I've been doing some motion pictures and 3D. I always learned by myself but if you want to see some of my works you can go on my portfolio.

What I'm going to do in Korea.

 

As I finished my studies I will continue my studies for a Master degree. I will benefit of scholarships from the korean government(NIIED). Maybe if some of you are interested on how did I get those scholarships I will make a post, just ask me in comments.

Hanyang University 한양 대학교

So basically I have been accepted in the Hanyang University in Interactive & Multimedia Design Master. This is a university divided into two campus. One situated in Seoul and the other one in Ansan. I'll be in the one situated in Ansan. Seoul metro goes to Ansan but it is like 40mins away from the South of Seoul.
Before starting the master it is required to have some korean language proficiency. A level 3/4 TOPIK. I only have a level 1 actually. Hopefully, because of the scholarships I will benefit of one year of korean language study at a korean university. The first challenge will be the language. I'm really motivated and interested, people say that I'm learning quickly so I'll see if it's the same once there.

Keimyung University 계명대학교

This is the university where I'll be learning korean for one year. It is situated in Daegu, the fourth biggest city of Korea and also one of the hottest as it is said. I'm pretty curious about this city, it's not so far from Busan too. I want to visit this city since I'm not too far.


What I also want to do.

Instead of the studies, I plan to visit the country as much as I will be able to. Maybe going oversea would be a good idea too. Before going out of cities where I'll be I want to discover as much as I can from them. That means to know about the own city art culture, food culture, etc. Being close to older people and being able to discover from them would be awesome too.
I'm affraid to be unable to discover as much as I can because of some challenges like the first one which is the language, a certain level is required for me to enter the university. While traveling I will be talking to lot's of people(well I hope so!) so in a certain way I will be increasing my level of korean. It would be like discovering and continuing to learn at the same time, not bad looking at this side. However I'm not sure of anything so I'll see how it goes.

After all of that, what's next?

This is a very important point but also a point that I actually can't predict for the moment. This is going after 3years, 3years in a country I don't know at all. I think my master degree will write my path depending on what I will be learning and working on. While discovering the country I will also look for jobs informations, of course arts jobs. My aim is also to continue creating art while learning korean. I guess being in an another country is something awesome to be influenced on our own creations.
So my future will maybe be in Korea, or in France again? Who knows, maybe in a country I still don't know. Qui vivra verra. As this french proverb says.

Thanks for reading and maybe see you in the next article :)

0 commentaires:

Translate

Nombre total de pages vues